Adolescent Medicine Clinical Services
at the Children & Teens Clinic
Harborview Medical Center
The Adolescent Medicine Clinic is run by Dr. Taraneh Shafii, a Pediatrician and Adolescent Medicine sub-specialist. Dr. Shafii works closely with referring providers, Nutrition, Psychiatry and Social Work to provide comprehensive subspecialty care.
Thursday mornings from 9 am – 12 pm.
Located in the Children & Teens Clinic, Ground West Clinic Wing, Harborview Medical Center, 325 9th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104.
Patients to refer:
The Adolescent clinic provides subspecialty care to youth ages 10-21 years of age.
Reasons for referral include provider concerns with:
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia, disordered eating), overweight.
- Gynecology (delayed/precocious puberty, menstrual disorders, PCOS, contraception)
- Sexually transmitted diseases (PID, recurrent infection, multiple partners)
- High-risk youth (substance abuse, school failure, multiple sexual partners, gang activity, criminal activity or violence).
- Somatic concerns (chronic abdominal pain, chronic headaches, medical complaints with no clear etiology)
- Anxiety and Depression (if not a clear psychiatric referral or family refuse psychiatric referral)
- Compliance concerns to prescribed medical management (e.g. asthma, diabetes, mental health medications).
For providers in the Children & Teens Clinic Referral forms are located in the clinic rooms; please fill out and give to Michelle Phillips, our Patient Care Coordinator.
For other HMC providers
Please fill out a referral form and fax or mail to Michelle Phillips, the Patient Care Coordinator for the Children & Teens Clinic. Fax: (206)731-6859 or mail to Box #359850.
For providers outside of HMC
Please fax referrals "ATTN: Dr. Shafii" to Michelle Phillips, the Patient Care Coordinator for the Children & Teens Clinic at (206)731-6859. Also please include in the fax all pertinent medical records and diagnostic test results.
Please call Michelle Phillips (206)731-2001 if you have questions regarding referral.