Master Adviser Program Requirements
- Attend the following workshops
Attend three additional advising-related workshops
- Undergraduate Advising Basics
- Master Adviser Workshop
Complete one experiential learning opportunity
- You may choose any workshop that will inform and enhance your advising practice.
Fill out the Master Adviser Report Form
- Serve on the AEP or APAC board.
- Plan or present at an Advising Summit, a brownbag event, or an advising-related conference.
- Shadow another adviser in a different environment than your own unit in a short-term "exchange" (one-half to two-day).
- Mentor another adviser formally for a quarter (required monthly communication, though more may prove more useful). AEP can assist in helping you find an adviser looking for a mentor.
- Suggest your own experiential learning component to the AEP board. We are happy to help with ideas.
- Use the Master Adviser Report Form to record what you learn at each workshop or activity.
- Turn in completed forms to the AEP coordinator.
- NEW! As of October 15, 2012 and until further notice, advisers completing the Master Adviser Program will receive a paid membership in APAC for one year!
- Your name will be listed on the AEP website.
- Your supervisor will be notified.
- You will be presented with a certificate of completion at an All Advisers' Meeting.