Each week, we’ll gather stories and links about the University of Washington that may be of interest to you. Our aim is to become a hub for Huskies on the web and Dawg Treats is your connection to everything UW:
- Lack of sleep linked to child obesity: UW Assistant Professor Janice F. Bell is the lead author in a fascinating new study that’s been all over the news lately.
- UW to host largest university-based global health conference Sept. 19-21. The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) will discuss the role of universities in global health.
- Sex expert and UW Sociology Professor Pepper Schwartz is quoted in this USA Today story on why more young couples are trying long-distance relationships.
- After a huge remodel, the 45th Street viaduct re-opened in time for Saturday’s football game. See the story from KING 5-TV.
- Virginia B. Smith, a 1944 and 1946 UW graduate, was the eighth president of Vassar College and a champion for higher education in California. She passed away at her home in Palo Alto, Calif.
- UW Professor Dr. Thomas Walsh is quoted in this story on male menopause. Is it reality or myth?