Wondering what to do for tailgating this year? You are definitely not alone.
The south parking lot at Husky Stadium is under construction and closed due to the Sound Transit Project, meaning many UW fans will have to adapt to new surroundings in 2010. But tailgating is a college football tradition, and we’ll make it work. Here are some useful tips to help your Husky tailgate parties succeed.
Please share any comments about Husky tailgating in the comments section below.
What’s new in 2010:
- The “Montlake Lot” is now for Tyee Club members (season ticket holders) only. You may not park in this lot without a Tyee Club permit.
- All public parking is on the main UW campus.
- Parking rates have changed: $25 for vehicles with three or more persons; $30 for vehicles with two or fewer persons; $100 RV and vehicles with trailers.
- RVs and vehicles with trailers must have an RV-specific parking permit prior to entry into any campus lot. Click here for more info.
- BBQs and open flames are not allowed in any of the parking garages or enclosed parking structures including the Triangle Parking Garage, Central Parking Garage, Padelford Garage and West Campus Garage.
- You may BBQ on the roof of the Padelford Garage only. This is not an option in all parking garages, but if there is sky above you at Padelford then you are in the clear.
- Click here for all of the information on tailgating rules.
What the general public needs to to know:
- UPDATE 9/17: The ticket office says the parking lots will open at 6 a.m. for the Nebraska game. The UW says that waiting outside any of the parking facilities before they open will not be allowed. Whatever happens, be careful in those close quarters, respect your fellow Huskies, and have fun.
Keep reading for information on Tyee parking, campus maps and more.
What Tyee members need to know:
- Parking permits were allocated based on Tyee Club priority rankings. To see your priority ranking and learn how build on it, visit the Tyee site.
- If you want to park in a group, all members of your group must have permits for the same lot. You also must park in the lot you have been assigned and drive in together. There is no saving spaces.
- Shuttles for Tyee members are available from the E-1 parking lot to the North Plaza of Husky Stadium before and after the game. These are available three hours prior to kickoff and will run as long as needed.
- View a map of the new parking allocations on campus. (PDF)
- See the official Husky football transportion site for all the latest info.
- Tyee Club members can find more on the Tyee site.
- Your game ticket gives you FREE service to and from Husky Stadium on all Metro buses and other special transit services. Learn more by clicking “other transportation” in the middle of the page.
To connect with a UW rep, email email@example.com or call Husky Football Parking at 206-685-3410.