The Department of Communication inducted six alumni into its Hall of Fame on Thursday, Oct. 21. Among them was our very own E.M. “Eddie” Pasatiempo, the current Past-President of the UW Alumni Association.
Eddie is a business leader and executive who has enjoyed much success in the technology and professional services. He is an optimist in every sense of the word and one of the most inspirational people I and many others have met at the University of Washington. During his induction speech, Eddie told the crowd, “Thank you to all of you who have touched me, because I am a mosaic of all of you.” Now that’s classy.
Congratulations to Eddie. Read the full story and enjoy this week’s Dawg Treats:
- UW Professor Marilyn Roberts says in this KING 5-TV report that germs on cell phones aren’t the problem, but germs on hands can be.
- Suzzallo Library makes a list from The Huffington Post of the most beautiful libraries in the world.
- Spendy grocery stores have skinnier shoppers, UW study finds.
- Hanson Hosein, director of the Master of Communication in Digital Media (MCDM) was named “Most Influential”, by Seattle Magazine.
- UW Professor of Law Paul Miller died of cancer last week at the age of 49. An international expert in disability and employment, Miller served two U.S. presidents, Barack Obama and Bill Clinton. Read the New York Times obituary and University Week has information about his celebration of life.
- Communication Chair David Domke attended President Obama’s backyard discussion in northeast Seattle.
- A new taco truck in Red Square gives students another option while the HUB is closed for renovation.
- UW’s last presidential visit was John F. Kennedy in 1961, who delivered a speech commemorating the school’s centennial.