Each week, we’ll gather stories and links about the University of Washington that may be of interest to you. Our aim is to become a hub for Huskies on the web and Dawg Treats is your connection to everything UW:
- UW alum Matt Bernardy is a social media marketing manager at Microsoft. Read his blog in The Huffington Post on becoming a social media rock star.
- From Business Insider, learn how legendary hedge funder and UW alum Bill Fleckenstein is investing right now.
- Congratulations to UW alum Travis Senger, whose film “White Lines and the Fever!” won the Grand Jury Prize for Documentary at the 2010 Seattle International Film Festival. The tragic story of hip-hop personality Junebug’s double-life as a DJ and drug dealer also won awards at SXSW, Tribeca and several other film festivals. See an interview with Sengar at SXSW.
- The UW budget office estimates a $20-22 million dollar reduction in state support this year, with approximately $19 million coming from the Seattle campus. Read a joint statement from outgoing UW President Mark Emmert and Interim President Phyllis Wise.
- UW psychologist Anthony Greenwald testifies in Witt lawsuit, saying America’s policy on gays is hurting the military.
- Nurse Camp at UW creates opportunities for minority, low-income students.