Mission of ALUW
The Association of Librarians at the University of Washington was formed to:
- Promote library service of the highest quality at the University of Washington
- Promote the professional standing of the members and encourage professional development
- Provide a forum for consideration of and action upon issues of professional concern to the members
- Improve librarians' working conditions and benefits
- Promote informal communication and fellowship among members
ALUW provides an opportunity to actively engage in the professional and political issues which impact our lives. All librarians are invited to participate in the activities of ALUW. Contact any Executive Board member or ALUW Committee chair for information on how to get involved.
The membership of ALUW is comprised of all persons employed as librarians by the University of Washington Libraries. Persons employed as librarians in administrative units elsewhere on campus may contact the Secretary for membership information.
- ALUW Bylaws - (pdf document)
ALUW Membership Meetings & Events
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
The association is managed by an Executive Board whose officers are elected each spring.
2012-2013 Board Members
Education Librarian; Diversity Officer; Assistant Director, Libraries Academic Human Resources
Vice President/President Elect
Science Reference Coordinator and Head, Friday Harbor Library
Systems Librarian, Information Technology Services
Ann Whitney Gleason
Health Sciences Library
Head, Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services