Welcome to ALUW's website! ALUW serves to represent the issues and advocate the concerns of the University's librarians to the administration, campus, and our professional community. All librarians are members of ALUW. ALUW hosts quarterly meetings to inform our membership about issues relevant to our profession at the university, state and national levels. The ALUW Board welcomes your questions and feedback!
Mission of ALUW
The Association of Librarians at the University of Washington was formed to:
- Promote library service of the highest quality at the University of Washington
- Promote the professional standing of the members and encourage professional development
- Provide a forum for consideration of and action upon issues of professional concern to the members
- Improve librarians' working conditions and benefits
- Promote informal communication and fellowship among members
ALUW provides an opportunity to actively engage in the professional and political issues which impact our lives. All librarians are invited to participate in the activities of ALUW. Contact any Executive Board member or ALUW Committee chair for information on how to get involved.
The membership of ALUW is comprised of all persons employed as librarians by the University of Washington Libraries. Persons employed as librarians in administrative units elsewhere on campus may contact the Secretary for membership information.
The association is managed by an Executive Board whose officers are elected each spring.
2013-2014 Board Members
Science Reference Coordinator and Head, Friday Harbor Library
Vice President/President Elect
Communication Studies Librarian
Microforms and Newspapers Collection
Research and Instruction Librarian
UW Bothell/Cascadia Library
Head, Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Services
Nordic Studies Librarian