Department of Anthropology Diversity Mission Statement
2012-13 Anthropology Diversitiy Committee Projects:
Diversity Demographics: United States and University of Washington, 2010-2012 (pwp)
Pedagogies of Inclusion
Examining the Unexamined and the Making of Safer Space in Our Classrooms -
November 26, 2012 3:30-5pm Denny 401
Interupting Bias Workshop - December 3, 2012 3:30-5 Denny pm 401
2011-12 Anthropology Diversity Committee Projects:
Depth of Field: Anthroplogy Through the Lens - Student Photo Exhibit
Northwest Harvest Volunteer Opportunity - January 7, 2012 9:00am-12pm
Clean Greens Volunteer Opportunity - June 2, 2012 9:00am-3pm
Current Perspectives and Initiatives:
- Women in Science , speical issue ofNature 2013
- Anderson, Kristen. "Improving the Prospects." Science 337:648. August 10, 2012.
- Price, Michael. "Action Urged to Curb Racial Bias in NIH Grants." Science 336:1490. June 22, 2012.
- Yurkiewicz, Ilana. "Study shows gender bias in science is real. Here's why it matters." Scientific American. September 23, 2012.
- Read-Guy, Lauren. "Study shows gender bias in rec letters." The DP.com. January 19, 2011.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science. "Navigating a Complex Landscape to Foster Greater Faculty and Student Diversity in Higher Education." AAAS.org.
- Huntington, Henry P. "The local perspective." Nature 478:182-183. October 13, 2011.
- Ceci, Stephen J. and Wendy M. Williams. "Understanding current causes of women's underrepresentation in science." PNAS Early Edition.
- Harrison, Faye. "Introduction: Expanding the Discourse on "Race." American Anthropologist 100 (3):609-631. September 1998.
- UC Davis News and Information. "Science, still a man's world?" November 21, 2012.
Diversity at the University of Washington
2011 University of Washington Graduate School Diversity Report
UW Graduate School Trends in Admissions, Enrollment and Degrees
Univeristy of Washington ADVANCE
Center for Instructional Development (CIDR) - Diversity and Inclusive Teaching
Information School Diversity
Graduate Opportunities for Minority Achievement Program
Office of Minority Affairs
Diversity Research Institute
UW Campus Diversity Calendar
UW Campus Diversity Resources
The UW Department of Anthropology intranet contains forms for faculty, staff, and graduate students (restricted access; UW NetID required) along with department related diversity resources.