Join the Registry
Participation in the Anesthesia Awareness Registry benefits others by improving our understanding of awareness, but the Registry does not provide direct clinical care for people who have experienced anesthesia awareness.
Eligibility Requirements (all must be met)
- Surgery must be under general anesthesia.
- Patient must be 13 years or older.
- Patient must have the ability to read and understand English.
- Awareness or recall of events or sensations during surgery when you should have been asleep and unaware.
How do I join?
Joining is entirely voluntary. There are two ways to enroll in the Anesthesia Awareness Registry:
- Complete the Anesthesia Awareness Registry Survey ONLINE and submit ONLINE
- Adults (18 years and older) please click here to proceed to ONLINE survey 1.
- Adults (18 years and older) please click here to proceed to ONLINE survey 2.
- Teenagers (13 to 17 year olds) please click here to proceed to ONLINE survey directions. You will need to confirm a Parent’s/Guardian’s Consent before you agree to take part in the study.
- Download and print off a copy of the Enrollment Packet and mail to the registry. Choose:
|Adult (18 years and older)||Teenagers (13 years old to person younger than 18 years old)|
Please help us, by selecting the appropriate range for the Enrollment Packet.
Or call the Registry, (206) 616-2673 and request a paper Enrollment Packet. We will mail you the necessary information and you can return the completed packet with a prepaid business envelope.
After enrolling, you may have an optional discussion of your experiences by phone with Shawn Mincer, MSW, or members of the study team.