NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Position: Business Internship
Academic Credit: Available
Compensation: $13/hr with opportunities for future increases
Busines Type: For profit
We have an opportunity for a full and/or part-time Business Internship. This position requires an individual with strong multi-tasking, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to provide administrative, operational and project related assistance. This position will be ideal for an individual who takes pride in keeping the office well organized and running smoothly and who is able to “think ahead”. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
As a Business Intern you will provide executive level support to the Branch Manager/Certified Financial Planner in the financial services industry. The Intern’s role is to assist the Branch Manager to achieve business goals. Help Financial Advisor handle daily transactions while adhering to compliance and regulatory policies. Perform operational tasks. Assist the Financial Advisor in organizing and implementing meetings, scheduling appointments, maintaining Client Relationship Management software program, including data entry, marketing functions, calendar and other service activities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication
- Needs to be experienced with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Qualified candidates must be motivated, enthusiastic, well organized, and flexible
- A high level of professionalism is essential in this role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important
- Ability to balance work, prioritize tasks, and self manage
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, time-efficient and a proven ability to multitask
- Superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required
You will work directly with a highly experienced independent Certified Financial Planner and indirectly with the nation’s largest independent Broker/Dealer. Candidates will experience opportunities and have access to advanced training in the retail Financial Services industry.
- Hours: 20 hours per week is preferred. Typically four days per week, 5 hours per day from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Employer is flexible
- Background check is required
Click the “Apply Online” button below and upload your resume and cover letter. Address the cover letter to Mr. Kurt Wanner