Financial Services Specialist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
FINANCIAL SERVICES SPECIALIST
At ChemPoint, we’re revolutionizing the way chemicals are bought and sold. Our Financial Services Specialists work within the Finance department, providing operational support, key financial metrics, and analysis to support the organization. Financial Service Specialists focus on a specific area of accounting (Accounts Recievable or Accounts Payable) for daily tasks and provide additional support during the monthly closing cycle. Financial Services Specialists work closely with internal and external customers using a variety of technology platforms.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Complete accounting activities in assigned area (Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable) including
- Cash application, invoice processing, variance analysis, sales batch posting
- Balance Sheet Reconcilation
- Monthly accruals and provisions (expense accruals, bad debt provisions, pre-paid amortization)
- Create, modify and document accounting tasks and processes
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships by communicating appropriately and escalating problems to Financial Services Analyst or Senior Accountant
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Four-year degree in Accounting or related field (CPA eligibility encouraged).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with advanced Excel knowledge
- High level of technical aptitude
- Ability to work through complex problems with little guidance
- Proactive, positive team player with strong organizational skills and ability to handle diverse and significant workload.
- Provide coaching to interns and other team members
- Flexible to change with ability to analyze and solve problems, multitask, and meet required deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, with great attention to accuracy.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Receptive to evaluation and coaching.
Please address your correspondence and cover letter to Justin Tilton