Lift Up Africa – Girls Scholarship Program Intern
Position: Girls Scholarship Program Intern
Academic Credit: Available
Business Type: Not-for-Profit
Application Deadline: December 9. 2013 (if applying for academic credits for the winter quarter)
Lift Up Africa is a US nonprofit with an extensive network of partners and projects in East Africa. We support sustainable, community led projects that address poverty, malnutrition, lack of education and health care, and the impact of climate change on people, crops, animals and the environment. Each project is carefully selected and supported with input from our partners, donors, volunteers and staff.
Play a key role of the development and launch of LUA’s new scholarship program for girls rescued from forced marriage in rural Kenya. Help design the program, conduct marketing campaigns and coordinate communications and updates between in-country partners, LUA staff and donors. Assist with other areas of interest as determined.
- Gain familiarity with non-profit administrative operations
- Work directly with experienced staff and play a key role in important tasks
- Gain an appreciation for the complex nature of international development work
- Develop workplace skills in administrative tasks, communications, donor relations, research,
- Social media, database management, marketing, and more
- Develop flexibility necessary for working in a small office
Desired Skills & Experience
- Current college student with relevant interests
- Research and collaboration skills
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- Experienced using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with various social media platforms and/or WordPress a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks by deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with alongside other interns, staff, board members and volunteers
This is an unpaid internship requiring a commitment of about 8hrs/week for the 2013-2014 school year September through June.How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with the “Apply Online” link at the bottom of this page.