NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
NWRPCA Position Description
Position: Office Manager
Reports to: Finance Manager
Hours: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: October 2013
The Northwest Regional Primary Care Association is an association of community and migrant health centers in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
The Office Manager is a key staff person responsible for day-to-day functions, facilitating smooth and efficient office operations and providing general administrative and logistical fiscal support to NWRPCA staff under the direction of the Finance Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as office receptionist, answering phones and referring calls to appropriate staff as well as routing faxes, delivering incoming mail and sending outgoing mail.
- Serve NWRPCA staff as a conduit to management for high level questions on Finance and Personnel Policy, payroll questions, office procedures, and employee benefits while answering day to day questions on those procedures for staff.
- Ensure all finance policies are followed while collecting and processing all accounts payable transactions and enter them into the accounting system. Collect invoices with check request/purchase orders, bankcard reconciliations, and ensure NWRPCA has a copy of the executed contract for any contract payments.
- Maintain all contract files and update NWRPCA management monthly on any contracts that need attention. Ensure that all contract terms are being completed by both/all parties.
- Ensure all finance policies are followed while collecting and processing all accounts receivable transactions and enter them into the accounting system. Create and mail invoices, recognize payment on invoices, invoice/collect contract payments, enter credit card receipts into accounting system, complete bank deposits, and enter bank deposits into accounting system.
- Process all Check Requests and Purchase Orders in accordance with finance policies and assign purchase order numbers as required.
- Under the supervision of Finance Manager and in accordance with Personnel Policies, collect timesheets and process bi-monthly payroll, including tracking up-to-date employee PTO/holiday balances and entering payroll information into the accounting system.
- Work with NWRPCA staff in receiving invoices for general and administrative activities and expenses (e.g. Integra, Pitney Bowes, Pacific Office Automation), ensure that the invoices are correct, and either write a check request for them, create purchase order requests when appropriate, or pair them up with the appropriate open purchase order number.
- Under the supervision of the COO, track employee professional development plans and ensure that employee expenditures are reported in a timely manner.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure benefits (Group Health, Delta Dental, Flex Plan, Hartford, Aflac) are paid in the correct amounts, and deductions from employee pay match those amounts.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the month-end closing processes and checklist as needed, which includes, but is not limited to, accounts reconciliation, creating and entering month-end journals, preparing entries for accounting system, and distributing financial reports to program managers.
- Handle cash and cash equivalents (print checks, check out credit cards to other staff, make bank deposits) in accordance with financial policies.
- Prepare A-133 audit schedules, act as on-site contact for yearly audit field work, and serve as secondary contact for auditors while they are off-site.
- Provide support to Senior Management and work with the Executive Assistant to: post job descriptions, job openings, and recruitment advertisements; modify/update/print employee handbooks and personnel policies, maintain personnel files; accept application materials, provide initial screening of applications, develop new-hire orientation, and set up orientation meetings for new staff.
- Field reference requests and forward to CEO or other appropriate staff member.
- Support and assist Senior Management with the annual benefit review and renewal efforts, maintain comprehensive files, and act as primary contact with brokers and vendors.
- Maintain electronic and/or hard copy records and files such as accounting files, employee benefit files, personnel files, contracts, and other business operating documents.
- Maintain & replenish supplies as needed, including: letterhead, general office supplies, printer/photocopier/fax toner, postage, mailing supplies, and kitchen supplies while following the purchase order procedure.
- Serve as primary contact with Trinity Unity Methodist Church and other vendors for supplies and services.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly staff motivational outings within budget.
- Provide support for NWRPCA’s conferences and other training events as requested.
- Aid the Education and Training team in reconciliation of events.
- Actively recruit, train and supervise NWRPCA Interns & Volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in nonprofit or healthcare environment preferred.
- Experience in online credit card processing and ADP payroll processing preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrable experience in general office procedures and equipment.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, able to prioritize multiple tasks, able to carry a heavy workload, and committed to social justice.
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with diverse people.
- Demonstrated awareness of and understanding of cultural competence and its value, and the need to include it in task implementation.
- Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.