NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Weyerhaeuser Company currently has a need of Winter interns to work in the tax department. This is a great opportunity to see the corporate side of tax work within a Fortune 500 company. This is a paid full-time internship with length varying depending on need and availability.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated federal income tax return, and state income tax returns for Weyerhaeuser and subsidiaries.
- Research and analyze tax issues and incorporate law changes into current year filings.
- Assist in compliance with federal and state income tax audits.
Candidate Requirements are:
- Currently enrolled in Bachelors of Accounting Program (preferably in Junior or Senior year).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible with a strong ability to prioritize workload in order to meet competing deadlines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Attentive to detail, yet understand and apply the degree of accuracy necessary for the task at hand.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability, and the ability to design and improve processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Excel.
- Self starter, creative, team player, and positive attitude!
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
Please apply at www.weyerhaeuser.com/careers. (Requisition ID 01008018)
This posting will be open through December 5th, 2013.
Weyerhaeuser Tax Department – Office Manager