Links and References
Linked Internet Sites
There may be links in this website which will let you leave the ASBMR website.
The linked sites are not under the control of ASBMR and the content
available on the internet sites linked to this website does not necessarily
reflect the opinion of ASBMR. ASBMR is providing these links to other
internet sites as a convenience to you, and access to any other internet
sites linked to this website is at your own risk. ASBMR assumes no
responsibility for, or any obligation to monitor, the content of such linked
internet sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply a recommendation or
endorsement by ASBMR of the linked site.
- ASBMR Home Page
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research, a professional organization of scientists.
- Welcome to PubMed
- Use this federally funded site to directly search for articles in medical and scientific journals.
- Bone biology for kids
- A web page designed for middle-school science education. This page was independently created by Susan Ott who is a member of the ASBMR Education Committee.
- The e-Skeletons Project
- A fantastic site from the University of Texas, funded by the National Science Foundatation. . . the perfect way to learn anatomy with images of all the bones of the skeleton with animations of joint movements.
- Osteoporosis and Bone Physiology
- Another web page written by Susan Ott.
- Osteoporosis and Related Disease National Resource Center
- An excellent site, funded by the National Institutes of Health. It contains bibliographies on many selected topics, and has nice information oriented to patients.
- International Osteoporosis Foundation
- This site has information about osteoporosis from all around the world.
- Bone Key
- Web page from the International Bone and Mineral Society, with comments on current topics and a large biblography.
- Bone and Joint Pathology Index
- A large collection of pathology slides.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- You can search for current NIH funded research.
- Principles of Bone Biology Bilezikian JP, Raisz LG, Rodan GA, eds
- Extensive text with chapters written by experts in the field.
- Primer on the Metabolic Bone Diseases and Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, 5th Edition Favus, M, editor
- This book was published by the ASBMR and is a superb reference book, providing complete information on the symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of common and rare bone and mineral disorders.
- The Parathyroids Bilezikian JP
- An extensive book all about the parathyroid glands.
- Osteoporosis Marcus R, Feldman D, Kelsey J, eds.
- Huge volume about all aspects of osteoporosis.
- Vitamin D Feldman D, Glorieux F, Pike J, eds.
- A book devoted to this "vital amine".
Bone specialty journals
- Journal of Bone and Mineral Research
- Osteoporosis International
- Calcified Tissue International
- Journal of Clinical Densitometry
- Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.
- Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Journal of Orthopaedic Research
This is a selection of some of the best journals which have good articles about bone biology. It is not an all-inclusive list:
- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Arthritis Rheumatology
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- Annals of Internal Medicine
- Journal of Clinical Investigation
- Journal of Cell Biology
- Journal of Biological Chemistry
- The Lancet
- British Medical Journal
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition