Applications are on-line only via the University of Washington Graduate Admissions site:
We do not accept Graduate Non-Matriculated (GNM) students.
The general steps for the online application process:
- Go to the UW Grad School application site:
- If you have not already done so, create a Login ID and password.
- Follow the application instructions through the Graduate School web site.
- Fill out the on-line application form.
- Online recommendations: Type in the 3 recommender's names. Make sure you have selected "Online". Once you submit the names, your recommenders will receive an automatic email telling them which web site to go to for uploading or copy-and-pasting the recommendation(s). After they have submitted the recommendation, you will then receive an email stating that the recommendation process has been completed. You can monitor the status of each recommendation on the application web site.
- You must upload your unofficial transcripts into the application. We do not accept paper transcripts.
- Upload your statement of purpose.
- Upload your CV.
- Complete the online process by paying the application fee using your credit or debit card and submitting the on-line application.
- You will then receive payment confirmation.
GRE scores should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to the Office of Graduate Admissions: (Use UW GRE code = 4854 only.) Please request registration forms or previous score reports from the Educational Testing Service (http://www.ets.org). Scores must be less than 5 years old.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) - Please see University of Washington Graduate Admissions website for details. Only official TOEFL scores may be submitted.