BRAINS team has paper published in CBE-LSEThe BRAINS team has a paper published in September 2016 issue of CBE LSE. The paper is titled “Learning to Thrive: Building Diverse Scientists’ Access to Community and Resources through the BRAINS Program.” Read more about it at lifescied.org.
Call for RSVPs for the first BRAINS Cross-Cohort Symposium to be held outside of Seattle June 16-18, 2016.
Come join our pilot Cross-Cohort symposium for prior BRAINS early-career participants. Deepen and expand your professional networks at the BRAINS cross-cohort event while also developing new career skills and addressing current career challenges and questions. The featured workshop in this first BRAINS cross-cohort event will be Chris Loving sharing the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) as framework to better understand our own leadership styles and the styles of those with whom we work and manage. This new BRAINS professional development opportunity will be beneficial regardless of career stage or current position.
The RSVP survey includes questions about your contact information and asks for a brief, 1-paragraph updated bio. RSVP deadline: April 15th.
- BRAINS will host exhibit booth #3338 at the 2014 Society for Neuroscience Meeting. Please stop by to say hello!
- A reunion for 2013 and 2014 BRAINS Symposium participants, panelists, and board members will take place on November 16th at Poste Moderne Brasserie in Washington, DC. We hope to see you there!
- The application window for the 2014 BRAINS Symposium closed on April 4th. We look forward to seeing you in September.
- BRAINS is now accepting applications! Applications will be accepted through February 28, 2014. Please visit the Symposium Application page to access the application and application instructions.
- It was great to see many BRAINS participants, panelists, and board members at the Society for Neuroscience meeting and the BRAINS reunion. We also made many new contacts at the BRAINS exhibit booth!
- A reunion for 2013 BRAINS Symposium participants, panelists, and board members took place at Bice Ristorante during the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting.
- > BRAINS hosted an exhibit booth at the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting November 10-13, 2013.
- BRAINS mentoring circles launched in January and February of 2013. Three mentoring circles have been formed. Click here for more information.
- The inaugural BRAINS Symposium took place at IslandWood on Bainbridge Island, Washington from January 10-13, 2013.
- Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting: BRAINS hosted an exhibit booth at the SfN Annual Meeting in New Orleans from October 14-16, 2012.
- BRAINS in the News: University of Washington's UW Today featured the BRAINS Symposium. Click here to read the article.
- A date and location has been set for the 2013 BRAINS Symposium! It will take place at the IslandWood Conference Center on Bainbridge Island, Washington from January 10-13, 2013. The symposium will be free to participants with the exception of travel to and from the event.
- The BRAINS program was approved by the NIH and the program implemented in September of 2011. The program is made possible with National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) National Institutes of Health grant 1R25NS076416-01.