- Julia Greenwald graduated from Carleton College with a B.A. in Chemistry and minor in Spanish in 2014. Between college and graduate school, Julia interned in the Analytical Microscopy Division at the DOE’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory in Golden, CO. She also studied antarctic microalgae at the University of Magallanes in Punta Arenas, Chile as a 2015 Fulbright Research Fellow. She joined the Bush Lab in December 2016. In the Bush Lab, Julia studies organic aerosols using novel mass spectrometry techniques. Julia is co-advised by Joel Thornton (UW Atmospheric Sciences).
- Bruce Kowalski Award for Multidisciplinary Research, 2018
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, 2017
- Mary K. Simeon and Goldie Simeon Read Endowed Fellowship, 2016
- Fulbright Research Fellowship, 2014