Contact: klaszlo [at] uw [dot] edu
- Ken Laszlo graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology in spring 2012 with a BS in chemistry. While there he participated in undergraduate research with Dr. Facundo Fernández investigating cyclodextrins as mobility shift reagents in ion mobility – mass spectrometry (IM-MS). Since beginning with in the Bush Lab in summer 2012, Ken has researched gas-phase ion/ion reactions.
- Electron Transfer Dissociation Mechanisms: In collaboration with the computational data provided by the Tureček group, we have investigated the structure of c and z fragment ions. Our research has shown that fragmentation pathways are dependent on reactive intermediate structures following electron transfer.
- Selected Cation to Anion Proton Transfer: In addition to gas-phase electron transfer, I have performed several experiments involving gas-phase proton transfer from multiply charged cation native-like protein ions to distonic anions. We call this method Selected Cation to Anion Proton Transfer (SCAPT).
- Travelling Wave Ion Mobility Spectrometery: I have began experiments trying to better understand the mechanism of Travelling Wave Ion Mobility Spectrometery (TWIMS). Specifically, we are under going work to better utilize the parameter space already available on commercial instruments to achieve higher resolutions, and calibrate ramped-wave TWIMS experiments for collision cross section data.
- ARCS Fellowship
- Comprehensive Analysis of Gly-Leu-Gly-Gly-Lys Peptide Dication Structures and Cation-Radical Dissociations Following Electron Transfer: From Electron Attachment to Backbone Cleavage, Ion-Molecule Complexes, and Fragment Separation Robert Pepin, Kenneth J. Laszlo, Bo Peng, Aleš Marek, Matthew F. Bush, František Tureček. J. Phys. Chem. A 2014, DOI: 10.1021/jp411100c. (Link|PUBMED)
- Electron Transfer Dissociation of Photolabeled Peptides. Backbone Cleavages Compete with Diazirine Ring Rearrangements Aleš Marek, Robert Pepin, Bo Peng, Kenneth J. Laszlo, Matthew F. Bush, František Tureček. J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom. 2013, 24, 1641–1653. (Link|PUBMED)
- Laszlo, K.J.; Bush, M.F. “Selected Cation to Anion Proton Transfer” Cascadia Proteomics Symposium, Seattle, WA 7/16/13