Research: Project: Investigation of Protein-Membrane and Protein-DNA Interactions using SPR
in Electronic. Eng., NED Univ., Karachi, Pakistan, 1985.
in Electric & Electronic. Eng., Middle East Technical Univ., Ankara, Turkey, 1989.
in Bioengineering., Hacettepe Univ., Ankara, Turkey, 1995.
in Bioengineering., Hacettepe Univ., Ankara, Turkey, 1996.
in Institute of Food Research, Norwich, UK, 1997.
in Bioengineering., Hacettepe Univ., Ankara, Turkey, 1997-2000.
in School of Physics, University of Sydney Australia, 2000-2001
in Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA 2001-
- Winner of best poster of Biomed-4 an international symposium on biomedical Science and Technology, 15-17 September 1997, Istanbul-Turkey
- 1985-1986 Hardware Engineer in computrain Co., Karachi, Pakistan.
- 1991-1995 Teaching Assistant, Hacettepe Univ., Ankara, Turkey.
- 1996-2000 Lecturer, in Bioengineering., Hacettepe Univ., Ankara, Turkey.
- 2000-2001 Research Scientist, in School of Physics, University of Sydney, Australia.
- 2001 (continue) Research Associated in Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- Imaging of Macromolecules on Surfaces by STM, International Symposium of Polymer Science, May 2-4, 1994, Shiraz, Iran.
- Images of biomolecules by scanning tunneling microscopy, 2nd. National biomedical science and technology symposium, O.D.T.U. 21-23 May 1995.
- Images of biomolecules by scanning tunneling microscopy, 3rd. National biomedical science and technology symposium, Borsa, 1996.
- Atomic force microscopy images of biological and polymeric biomaterial, 4th international biomedical science and technology symposium, 15-17 September 1997, Istanbul.
- Societa Chemica Italiana, Roma, Italy.
- Biophysical Society.
Advanced Study Institutes, Workshops and Other Courses:
- Laser System for Photobiology and Photomedicine, NATO ASI, 11-20 May, 1990, Erice, Italy.
- Scientific Visit to learn Atomic Force Microscope for Biomaterial Surface Characterization, Dept. Physics & Measurement Technology Linkoping Institute, Technology, October 7-21, 1991, Linköping, Sweden.
- Biologically Modified Biomaterial Surfaces, EUROBIOMAT Workshop, June 15-
- 22, 1991, Side, Antalya, Turkey.
- Biodegradation and Biodegradable Polymeric Biomaterials, EUROBIOMAT Workshop, August 29- September 5, 1992, Kemer, Antalya, Turkey.
- 5th European School on Biomaterial, Siena, Ban, Arco Felice (Naples), April 20th-
- 30th, 1993, Italy.
- Visiting Scientist in ifr (Institute of Food Research), Norwich, UK, 28 May 25 August, 1997.
- Environmentally Degradable Polymers: Environmental and Biomedical aspects. ICS-UNIDO workshop, 12-19 September, Antalya, Turkey, 1998.
- AMAS VI- The Sixth Biennial Symposium, SPM III- The Third Scanned Probe Microscopy Conference. The university of Sydney 12th-16th February, 2001.
Research Grants and Projects:
- Research fellow, Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) design and construction, Turkish Scientific and Technical Research Council, Directed by M. Hadi Zareie, Ankara, Turkey, 1999.
- Research fellow, Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy, Hacettepe University, Research Fund, Directed by M. Hadi Zareie, Ankara, Turkey, 1998.
- Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM): Design and Construction for Biological Molecule and Biomatenial Surface Analysis.
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM): Design and Construction for Biological Molecule and Biomatenial Surface Analysis.
- Laser: for Biomedical purposes.
- 5. Surface Plasmon Resonance Microscopy.
A. Reports and Thesis
- Zareie M. H., Free Electron Laser An interaction of a relativistic electron beam with a static helical magnetic field, M.Sc. Thesis, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, 1989.
- Zareie M. H., Scanning Tunneling Microscopy" Design, Construction and Application, Ph.D. Thesis, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey, 1995.
B. Presentations and Papers (Manuscripts are available)
- M. H. Zareie, P.B. Lukins, Atomic-resolution STM structure of tow turn DNA and localization of the retionic acid binding site, Science, 2001 (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie, P.B. Lukins, Comparison of the structures of amorphous carbons by scanning tunneling microscopy, Physical Review, 2001 (prepared)
- G. David, F. Özer, B. C. Simionescu, H. Zareie, and E. Piskin. Microemulsion Photopolymerization of Methacrylates Stabilized with Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate and Poly(N-Acetylthylenimine) Macromonomers, J. Applied Polymer Chemistry, 2001 (in press).
- F. Özer, M. O. Beskardes, H. Zareie, and E. Piskin. Nanoparticles Carrying Hydroxyl Groups Produced by Microemulsion, European Journal of Polymer, 2001 (in press).
- M. H. Zareie., Y. Sag., H. E. Cubukcu., A. Yalcuk., C. Kocum and T. Kutsal. The Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy of the Biosorption of Heavy Metals on R. arrhizus. Process in Biochemistry, 2001 (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie, Bahadyr Körbahti, Abdurrahman Tanyolaç. Observation of Polymeric Structures in Electrochemical Decomposition of Phenol in the presence of NaCl by Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy (STM). Lungmuir, 2001, (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie, Y. Yürüm, P.B. Lukins, High Resolution STM Images of Coal, Science 2001 (will be submitted)
- M. H. Zareie, C. Kocum, P.B. Lukins, The comparison of STM and AFM images of IgG and IgM, IJBM 2001 (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie, P.B. Lukins, DNA Binding Analysis of All-Trans Retinoic Acid Through AFM and STM, Nature (Structural Biology), 2001. (prepared)
- M. H. Zareie and E. V. Bulmus., Atomic force microscopy Investigation of protein A carrying PMMA microbeads: adsorption of cholesterol and HIgG from human plasma, Colloid Polymer Sci. 2001.
- M. H. Zareie, F. Denizli, and E. Piskin, Scanning electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy studies of membranes with different solvent, Journal of Membran Science, 2001 (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie., Atomic force and Scanning Tunnelling microscopy of Glow-discharge treated piezoelectric crystals for immunoassay, J. Vac. Sci and Technology, 2001 (submitted)
- M. H. Zareie., I. Javidipour., V. Gökmen., Investigation of pectin networks, gells and enzymatically depectinization by atomic force microscopy, Biophysical. J, 2001 (submitted)
- Hadi. M. Zareie, E. Volga Bulmus, Patrick. A. Gunning, Allan. S. Hoffman, Erhan. Piskin and Victor. J. Morris Investigation of a stimuli-responsive copolymer by atomic force microscopy, Polymer, Vol. 41, pp 6723-6727, 2000.
- C. Koçum, M. H. Zareie, F. Özer and E. Piskin. Observation of Nanoparticles and film formation by scanning tunnelling microscopy: Methyl Methacrylate/Buthylmethacrylate Nanoparticles prepared by Microemulsion, Colloid and Polymer Science, Vol. 278, 587-590, 2000.
- P.B. Lukins, M. H. Zareie, J. Khachan. Atomic resolution structure of growth and etching patterns at the surface of microwave plasma CVD diamond films, Appl. Phys. Lett. Vol. 78(11), 1520-1523, 2000.
- M. R. Mozaferi., M. H. Zareie., E.Piskin and V. Hasirci, Formation complex supramolecular by negatively charge liposomes in the presence of nucleic acids and divalent cations, Drug Delivery 5: -141, 1998.
- M. H. Zareie., F. Y. Sahin., M.A. Ergun, C. Koçum, S. Menevse, A. Menevse, E. Piskin Interactions of DNA with fluorescent dyes: by scanning tunnelling microscopy, IJBM, 23, 7-10, 1998
- C. Tag, A. Kozluca, M. A. Onur, A. Tumer, H. Vahaboglu, M. H. Zareie, P. A. Gunning, E. Piskin., Chloramphenicol loaded poly (D,L-Lactide) sponges: invivo use. Journal of Tissue Engineering, Vol: 4, No: 4, pp 353-363, 1998.
- M. H. Zareie., Y. Zencir., C. Ünaleroglu., B. Zümreoglu-Karan and E. Piskin, pH- independent decomposition reactions of L-ascorbic acid in aqueous metal solution. 2. Imaging by scanning tunnelling microscopy. Polyhdron, 17/13, 1998.
- M. H. Zareie., A. Atalay., A. Ögüþ and E. Piskin, Scanning tunnelling microscopy images of the human eye lens gB and gS- crystallins. Probe Microscopy, 1, 163-168, 1998.
- M. H. Zareie., M. R. Mozaferi., V. Hasirci and E.Piskin, Scanning tunnelling microscopy investigation of liposome- DNA~ Ca2+ complexes, Liposomes Research. 7(4),491-502, 1997.
- M. H. Zareie., N. Oztas, M.Gündoan, E. Piskin and Y. Yürüm, Images of Demineralized Coal Surfaces by Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy, Fuel, 75, 7,855, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., G. Erdem, R. Oner., C. Oner., A, Ögüþ and E. Piskin, of ascorbate-Cu (II) induced cleavage of DNA by scanning tunnelling microscopy, IJBM, 19, 69-73, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., X .Kaitian and E.Piskin, STM Images of PDLLA/PEG Copolymers Micelles, Colloids and Surfaces. 112, 19-24, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., K. Piskin, R. Venimli and E. Piskin, Imaging of tRNA by Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy, Nanobiology, 4, 101-104, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., A. Borucu, M.Y. Ozden, V. Hasirci and E. Piskin, Imaging
- of Liposomes by Scanning Tunnelling Microscopy, Biomat. Cells & Organs,
- 24(5), 525- 531, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., C. Kavaki., B. Salih and E. Piskin, Scanning Tunnelling
- Microscopy for Characterization of Metathesis Catalysts Based on Photogenerated W(CO)6/CC14, J. Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 118, 195-203, 1996.
- M. H. Zareie., K, Piskin and E. Piskin, Imaging of macromolecules on surfaces by STM, Iranian. J. Polym. Sci. & Technol, 4, 118, 1995.