EDUCATION AND TRAINING
B.A., Brown University, Providence, RI, 1998
M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, 2004
Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2007
Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
Research Fellowship, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010-2012
Masters of Science, Health and Health Care Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2012
Zachary D. Goldberger M.D., M.S.
Acting Assistant Professor of Medicine
Attending Physician, Harborview Medical Center
Harborview Medical Center
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2499
Phone: (206) 744-8712
Fax: (206) 744-2224
Clinic Appointments: (206) 744-3475
Fax: (206) 744-2224
American Board of Internal Medicine, 2007.
American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, board eligible
AREAS OF CLINICAL EXPERTISE
CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator utilization
Patterns of care during in-hospital cardiac arrest
Antiarrhythmic drug therapy/drug toxicity in modern clinical practice
Improving ECG literacy and cardiac physical exam skills in trainees
Winner, Intern Excellence in Teaching Award: University of Washington School of Medicine, 2005
2010-2012 Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar, University of Michigan Health System
Recipient, Travel Award for ACC Legislative Conference, 2010
National Institutes of Health, Clinical Research Loan Repayment Program Travel Award for AHA Junior Investigator Travel Stipend, 2011
Finalist, American College of Cardiology Young Investigator Award (deferred to present at AHA), 2011
Fellow, American College of Physicians
1. Goldberger ZD, Weinberger SE, Nicosia RF, Saint S, Young BA. Variations on a theme. N Engl J Med 2008.359:1502-07.
2. Goldberger ZD, Rho RW, Page RL. Approach to the diagnosis and initial management of the stable adult patient with stable wide complex tachycardia: diagnosis and initial management. Am J Cardiol 2008;101:1456-66.
3. Goldberger ZD, Valle JA, Dandekar VK, Chan PS, Ko DT, Nallamothu BK. Are changes in carotid intima-media thickness related to risk of nonfatal myocardial infarction? A Critical Review and Meta-Regression Analysis. American Heart Journal 2010;360:701-14.
4. Goldberger ZD, Nallamothu BK. Hospital specialization for coronary artery bypass grafting: Anything special about it? Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2010;3:572-72.
5. Goldberger ZD, Goldberger AL. Therapeutic Ranges of Serum Digoxin Concentrations in Patients With Heart Failure. Am J Cardiol 2012;109:1818-21.
6. Goldberger ZD, Fagerlin A. ICDs—increasingly complex decisions. Arch Int Med 2012;172:1106-7.
7. Goldberger ZD, Chan PS, Berg RA, Kronick SL, Cooke CR, Lu M, Banerjee M, Hayward RA, Krumholz HM, Nallamothu BK. Duration of resuscitation and outcomes during in-hospital cardiac arrest. In press, Lancet 2012.
8. Goldberger AL, Goldberger ZD, Shvilkin A. Clinical Electrocardiography, a simplified approach, 8th ed. Elsevier: In press, 2012.
9. Goldberger AL, Goldberger ZD. Becoming a consummate clinician. London: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012.
10. Goldberger ZD, Chan PS, Berg RA, Kronick SL, Cooke CR, Lu M, Banerjee M, Hayward RA, Krumholz HM, Nallamothu BK. Duration of resuscitation and survival after in-hospital cardiac arrest. Lancet 2012; doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(12)60862-9