CCFW promotes the positive development and well-being of children and families by generating interdisciplinary research, translating research findings into practice, and sharing knowledge through education, professional training and outreach to the community. Our goal is to make evidence-based practices available and accessible to community members, particularly children and families experiencing adversity and disadvantage and the professionals who work with them.
Research at CCFW focuses on promoting child well-being using a whole-child or bioecolocial approach. Researchers include over 20 faculty from across the UW, including psychology, psychiatry, nursing, social work, pediatrics, medicine, and education, collaborating in interdisciplinary programs of research that include the following:
- Addressing the effects of disadvantage and adversity on children, with an emphasis on the role of parents and families in promoting well-being.
- Enhancing children’s social, emotional and cognitive competence, with a focus on self-regulation or executive function, and an emphasis on parent engagement and parenting.
- Infusing mindfulness, compassion and social-emotional skills in research, policy and practice with children, parents, educators and providers working with children.
There are a number of ways you can help support our efforts:
1. Friends of CCFW Fund: Contributions to this fund will support our mission to promote the well-being of children and families through research, dissemination and outreach. Contributions will support pre- and post-doctoral scholars, visiting scholars, sponsored seminars, community workshops and conferences.
2. Mindfulness Outreach Support Fund: Contributions to this fund will provide support for outreach to the community and the mindfulness classes we offer. Contributions will also be utilized to offer scholarships for individuals who indicate need based on limited resources, or those who serve underserved populations of children and families
If you are interested in more information about contributing to this work, please email email@example.com.