Executive Function in Children
Harvard Center on the Developing Child: The mission of the Center on the Developing Child is to drive science-based innovation that achieves breakthrough outcomes for children facing adversity (http://developingchild.harvard.edu/about/).
Washington Department of Early Learning: The Department of Early Learning (DEL) works to support providers and educators with information and opportunities to build upon their knowledge and experience (http://www.del.wa.gov/providers-educators/).
- Executive Function training for parents, teachers and caregivers: http://deltraining.com/courses/executive_function/content-frame.htm
Adversity and Resilience in Childhood
Harvard Center on the Developing Child:
- Key Concepts: http://developingchild.harvard.edu/science/key-concepts/
University of Washington School of Nursing: The UW School of Nursing is one of the nation’s premiere nursing schools dedicated to addressing challenges facing health care and improving the health of communities locally, regionally and globally.
- Mindfulness Training for Nurses: http://depts.washington.edu/bmindful/
UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center: MARC's mission is to foster mindful awareness across the lifespan through education and research to promote well-being and a more compassionate society (http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=16).
- Guided Mindfulness Practices from the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center: http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22
National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center: The National Abandoned Infants Assistance Resource Center’s mission is to enhance the quality of social and health services delivered to children who are abandoned or at risk of abandonment due to the presence of drugs and/or HIV in the family (http://aia.berkeley.edu/about-aia/the-resource-center/).
- Learning Clusters: http://aia.berkeley.edu/training/online/learning-clusters/
Mindful Schools: Mindful Schools was founded in 2007 as a program of a single school in Oakland CA. Today, it is a not-for-profit training organization with online and in-person courses, content, and a network of mindful educators spanning all 50 U.S. states and 100+ countries (http://www.mindfulschools.org/about-mindfulness/our-organization/).
- Courses: http://www.mindfulschools.org