CCHWE Home About
CCHWE Partner Institutions Personnel Scholars Short Courses Data Tools Resources Collaborative Cookbook Related Links
Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
1959 NE Pacific Street
Seattle, WA 98195-7234
Regional Center for Excellence in Occupational Health and Safety (TRE-OHS)
Thailand’s Regional Center for Excellence in Occupational Health and Safety (TRE-OHS) is located at the Faculty of Public Health, Burapha University, Chonburi Province, on the east coast of Thailand. The center is dedicated to enhancing occupational health and safety research activity in this part of the country by working collaboratively with the Ministry of Public Health, Thailand, and the UW Department of Environmental Health.
TRE-OSH provides training programs and resources designed to increase knowledge and skills of occupational health and safety professionals, promote occupational health and safety research activity, and encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among researchers in Thailand and worldwide.
Short courses presented by CCHWE faculty in Thailand
Activities in Thailand have been directed at developing general expertise in several industrial hygiene areas. Classes below reflect this intention. Air pollution research will now be enhanced by our contact with Dr. Kim (see below).
- Rolf Hahne, 10/15/04 to 11/16/04, traveled to Thailand and taught the following:
- A two-day course on Laboratory Safety and Health;
- Provided assistance to the industrial hygiene analytical laboratory;
- Provided quality assurance guidance to the department’s water quality laboratory;
- Participated in field industrial hygiene studies, providing input about sampling strategy and sampling and analysis procedures, and
- Provided other consultation, training and teaching, as desired by Burapha University.
- Exposure Assessment, 06/03 - 04/03, Michael Yost, PhD and Rolf Hahne, PhD. Burapha University, Chonburi Thailand. 20 participants.
- Occupational and Environmental Disease, 06/23/03, Matthew Keifer, MD, MPH. Burapha University, Chonburi Thailand. 27 participants.
- IRB Training, 11/10/03, Helen McGough, PhD, Burapha University, Chonburi Thailand. 40 participants.
- Applied Ergonomics, 11/11/03, Peter Johnson, PhD, Barbara Silverstein, RN, PhD, and Kate Stewart, MS. 30 participants.
TRE-OHS at a glance
Faculty of Public Health
Burapha University, Thailand
Main project activities at
- Chlorpyrifos exposure in farmworkers
CCHWE Scholars at TRE-OHS