Welcome to the Center for Disability Policy Research
The mission of the Center for Disability Policy and Research is to shape disability policy and service delivery through the following means:
- Conduct policy analyses of health and human services designed to prevent and minimize impact of disabling conditions, integrate and coordinate existing services, and assure access to high quality health services for people with disabilities.
- Conduct research on the disablement process and disabling conditions, the health needs of people with disabilities, the personal, and the delivery of health and human services to people with disabilities and their families.
- Improve surveillance of primary and secondary factors contributing to the progression of chronic disease and injury.
- Train practitioners, administrators, and policy-makers in disability policy and research.
- Disseminate information concerning important disability policy and research issues.