This interdisciplinary body of individuals functions as an advisory board to the SPRC, ensuring a diversity of expertise from across disciplines in the university and area agencies. To facilitate coordination within the UW CFAR, the Directors of the Biometrics and International Cores have also been appointed to our steering committee. Members of the Steering Committee serve five year terms.
Steering Committee Members, 2008–2013
- Carey Farquhar, MD, MPH, UW Medicine
- Steve Goodreau, PhD, UW Anthropology
- Sarah Holte, PhD, UW CFAR Biometrics Core
- Grace John-Stewart, MD, PhD, UW CFAR International Core
- Danka Kasprzyk, PhD, Battelle
- Diane Morrison, PhD, UW Social Work
- Deepa Rao, PhD, UW Global Health
- Rosa Solorio, MD, MPH, UW Health Services
- Hanne Thiede, DVM, MPH, Public Health—Seattle/King County
Steering Committee Activities
In addition to their role in providing guidance to the SPRC, members of the steering committee also play a role in the following core activities:
- Identifying important areas for core workshops and seminars.
- Helping spearhead grant proposals related to their research interests that take advantage of the SPRCs cross-school interdisciplinary research expertise and community.
- Occasional consulting with other SPRC affiliates as need, expertise, and time allow.
- Participating in local outreach activities.