The UW CFAR International Core provides consultation and support in international study design, grant writing, IRB/ethics and international research protocol development for research projects in developing countries.
Part of the International Core's mission is to support HIV/AIDS research and training initiatives and provide assistance in responding to emerging international research needs and opportunities in developing countries. In this interest, it provides trainees, senior fellows and international scholars with mentorship and tools for developing and efficiently maintaining international research activities.
Available support includes:
- assistance with grant writing and reporting
- logistical and strategic planning and support to investigators establishing international projects
- advice on study design
- international research protocol development support
- identification of potential collaborators
- advice on data management and analysis
- assistance with manuscript preparation
- advice on human subjects applications, renewal submissions and reporting research status and protocol changes
- advice on regulatory compliance
If you have a UW-affiliated international AIDS-related research project, and you would like to request assistance with study design, grant development or IRB/human subjects applications and regulatory compliance, please contact cfarintl at uw.edu.