Professor of Medicine, University of Washington
Director, Clinical Epidemiology and Health Services Research 
- Clinical management and outcomes of HIV-infected patients
- When to initiate antiretroviral therapy
- Co-morbid disease outcomes (non-AIDS-defining cancers, CVD, ESRD, ESLD)
- Physician experience with HIV medicine
- Electronic medical record systems for cohort research to improve HIV care
- M.P.H., University of Washington, 1995.
- M.D, University of Pennsylvania, 1987.
- B.S., Yale University, 1980.
Kitahata M, Gange SJ, Abraham AG, Merriman B, Saag MS, Justice AC, Hogg RS, Deeks SG, Eron JJ, Brooks JT, Rourke SB, Gill MJ, Bosch RJ, Martin JN, Klein MB, Jacobson LP, Rodriguez B, Sterling TR, Kirk GD, Napravnik S, Rachlis AR, Calzavara L, Horberg MA, Silverberg MJ, Gebo KA, Goedert JJ, Benson CA, Collier AC, Van Rompaey SE, Crane HM, McKaig RG, Lau B, Freeman AM, Moore RD. Effect of Early versus Deferred Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV on Survival . N Engl J Med. 2009;360:1815–26.
kitahata at uw.edu