The SPRC along with the International Core holds bi-monthly trainings each year in qualitative research methods. Michele Andrasik and Kate Murray are the lecturers, and we incorporate guest lectures into the series as well. Qualitative methods workshops are held bi-monthly and can be found in the upcoming events  page of the CFAR website
Qualitative Research methodology workshops include the following topics:
- An introduction to qualitative research
- Qualitative research methodology: forming a research question and selecting a method
- How to conduct effective interviews and focus groups
- Coding and data analysis
- Atlas.ti for beginners
- Developing grant applications that incorporate qualitative research
Resources for qualitative research are listed here .
The SPRC also provides consultation for researchers using qualitative and mixed methods in HIV research, including qualitative methods, qualitative data analysis, and software.
Specific topics for consultation may include:
- Qualitative research theory
- Qualitative research methodology and study design
- Mixed methods study design
- Qualitative data analysis
- Software programs
To request assistance with Qualitative Research Methods, please contact Joanna Bove at bovej at uw.edu.
Past workshop audio and powerpoint slides
August 16, 2013: Writing Grant Applications that Incorporate Qualitative Research 
November 4, 2013: An Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods 
August 16, 2013: AUDIO-Grant Applications and Qualitative Research 
November 4, 2013: AUDIO-An Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods 
Check out other Resources on the SPRC Resources Page !