Description of the Group
The Northwest Health Department -CFAR Consortium (Northwest HDCC) includes members from health departments in Washington State, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, Idaho and Oregon, as well as the 5 state UW School of Medicine WWAMI program, the NIH-funded Institute for Translational Research (ITHS) Regional Collaborations Program, the UW Northwest AIDS Education and Training Center (NWAETC) and Project ECHO. The consortium focuses on HIV programs within departments of public health in the 5 WWAMI states and in Oregon, and will work in collaboration with these other regional programs. The group’s goal is to establish common methods for measuring the cascade of care, and characterize how it varies across a vast sector of the U.S. Nationally, the consoritum will work with diverse collaborators in support of the existing CFAR Enhanced Comprehensive HIV Prevention Planning and Implementation (ECHPP) Work Group’s (CEWG) effort to promote linkages between CFARs and health departments.
November 4, 2013: Symposium and Consortium Meeting
The Northwest HDCC was awarded competitive supplemental CFAR funding for our project, “Optimizing the HIV Treatment Cascade: A Health Department-CFAR Collaboration.” As part of the grant activities, the UW CFAR hosted a meeting of grantees from the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming on Monday November 4th in Seattle, WA. In this meeting we discussed development of specific metrics for the HIV care cascade and implementation strategies for regional surveillance activities. The meeting followed a short UW CFAR symposium entitled “Measuring the HIV Care Cascade: A Foundation for Action,” with Ed Gardner, MD from the University of Colorado and Denver Public Health, Anna Satcher Johnson from the HIV Incidence & Surveillance Branch at the CDC, and Kathleen Brady, MD from UPenn CFAR and Pennsylvania Public Health.
Presentations from the Nov. 4th Symposium "Measuring the HIV Care Cascade: A Foundation for Action"
- Engagement as Prevention: The Evolution of the HIV Care Cascade , Ed Gardner
- Using HIV Surveillance Data to Calculate Measures for the Continuum of HIV Care , Anna Satcher Johnson
- How to Avoid a Flood: Practical Advice for Calculating the HIV Treatment Cascade , Kathleen Brady
Presentations from the Consortium Meeting, November 4, 2013
- Estimating the Undiagnosed Fraction: A new "Testing History" approach , Martina Morris
- CFAR Supplement Activities , Julie Dombrowski
- Multnomah Out-of-Care Presentation , Sean Schafer
- Migration Information from Core HIV Surveillance , Susan Buskin and Susie Cassels
- Meeting Summary Document 
Presentations from the Consortium Meeting, October 7, 2014
- Preliminary Results from Out-of-Care Investigations: A Collaborative Project of the Northwest
Health Dept. – CFAR Consortium , julie Dombrowski
- The Sexual & Social Environment of Young Men Who Have Sex With Men , Sara Glick
- Home HIV Testing , David Katz
- Estimating the Undiagnosed Fraction , Jeanette Birnbaum and Martina Morris
- Online data collection for Health Department utilization , Christine Khosropour
- Meeting summary document
For more information, please contact Joanna Bove (bovej at uw.edu).