STD/AIDS Research Training Fellowship Program
All pre- and post-doctoral trainees supported by the program are required to fulfill the Core Curriculum described below. Course fees will be waived as part of the training grant fellowship.
- Annual international 2-week course on Principles
of STD and AIDS Research - All trainees required to attend once.
- UW Biomedical
Research Integrity Series - All trainees required to attend one full series.
- AIDS and STD Research Symposium - Full day symposium held each Fall. All trainees required to attend at least once.
- Annual Retreat held by Allergy & Infectious Diseases Division each Spring.
- Annual Clinical Infectious Diseases Course AIDS Clinical Conference (required for MDs only).
- Comprehensive Clinical Courses on AIDS and STD, coordinated by the UW AIDS
Education & Training Center and STD Prevention Training Center NWAETC Preceptorship (required
for MD's only; held several times each year).
- See Track-specific requirements, found in track descriptions.
Optional Courses and Seminars
- CFAR Clinical Research Conference (Monthly)
- CFAR Pathogenesis Research Conference (Monthly)
- STD Research Conference (Monthly)
- CFAR AIDS Biostatistics Research Methodology Seminar Series (Quarterly)
- CFAR Sociobehavioral Research Seminar Series (Quarterly) and Workshop (Annual)
- School of Social Work Forum on Counseling Methods
- Fogarty Center AITRP Research Conference (Monthly)
^ back to top