Collaborative Research Area on Learning Disabilities
Coordinator: Adrian K.C. Lee, Sc.D.
The CRA on Learning Disabilities is currently focused on a major translational effort to address a range of learning disabilities. This interdisciplinary research group is working to integrate and translate information on behavioral, genetic, and neurological levels to establish evidence-based interventions with emphasis on phenotypic profiles related to dysgraphia (impaired handwriting), dyslexia (impaired word decoding and spelling), and oral and written language learning disability. Related work focuses on the genetics of speech sound disorder, dyslexia, language impairment, and cognitive endophenotypes such as sequential processing and temporal aspects of processing.
Key Faculty Investigators
- Adrian K.C. Lee, Sc.D., Associate Professor of Speech & Hearing Sciences, Coordinator
- Zoran Brkanac, M.D., Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Thomas Grabowski, Ph.D., Professor, Radiology
- Kenneth Maravilla, M.D., Professor, Radiology
- Wendy Raskind, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Medical Genetics
- Todd Richards, Ph.D., Professor, Radiology
- Jason Yeatman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Speech & Hearing Sciences