The Department of Chemistry is pleased to announce the implementation of multiple Graduate Student Travel Awards for the academic year 2016-2017. This award is open to all UW Chemistry graduate students that have passed the General Examination. Selected students will receive a Travel Award of up to $750 to cover documented domestic travel expenses ($1,500 for international travel) to the institution where they received their undergraduate degree and present a seminar on their Ph.D. research.
In order to be considered for a Graduate Student Travel Award, students should:
Both documents must reach Krista Holden (email@example.com) before 5 P.M. on Wednesday, October 5, 2016. The Travel Award committee will adjudicate awards and students will be notified no later than Wednesday, October 12, 2016. Selected students should work with their advisor and/or the Travel Award committee to arrange for an invitation to visit and to present a seminar at their alma mater.
Eligibility and limitations:
• The Travel Award is provided to selected students only for reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses. Reimbursement should follow standard UW travel procedures.
• Competition for Travel Awards is open to all UW Chemistry graduate students that have passed the General Examination and are in Good Academic Standing.
• The Travel Award must be used in the academic year it was awarded (by June 15, 2017).
• No more than one student from a given research group will be awarded in a given academic year.
• For domestic travel, students may be remunerated only up to a maximum of $750, and for international travel, students may be remunerated only up to a maximum of $1,500.