Each year the UW Department of Chemistry acknowledges our top scholars. Our award for Distinguished Scholarship in Chemistry or Biochemistry is given to graduating seniors with exceptional academic records. Our 2012-13 scholars are:
- Michael J. Bocek,
- Evan A. Boyle,
- Michelle K. Drews,
- Benjamin G. Horst,
- Mathini S. Mohanachandran.
Our award for Distinguished Achievement in Chemistry Research is given to graduating seniors who have performed exceptional research in Chemistry. This year’s recipients are:
- Carolyn E. Gunthardt (for research in Inorganic Chemistry with Prof. Gamelin),
- Eric M. Janke (for research in Materials Chemistry with Prof. Ginger),
- Timothy A. Livingston Large (for research in Physical Chemistry with Prof. Campbell)
- Matthew M. Sonnett (for research in Biological Chemistry with Prof. Gelb)
The Award for the Outstanding student in Inorganic Chemistry for 2012-13 has been awarded to
- Carolyn Gunthardt.
The Hypercube Scholar Award for the top student in Chem 465 Computations in Chemistry has been awarded to
- Benjamin Horst.
The PC Cross award for the top students in Physical Chemistry for 2012-13 has been awarded to
- Sally Turner and Wei Huang.
The Hyp Dauben Award for the top students in Honors Organic Chemistry for 2012-13 has been awarded to
- Calvin Le and Jeremy Tran.
The Honors General Chemistry Achievement Award for the top students in Honors General Chemistry has been awarded to
- Natacha Lou Comandante and Mitchell Krawczyk.
Congratulations on your achievements!