|Analytical Biopharmacy Core Facility Standard Rates|
|User Type||Hourly rate||♢ Daily rate/12 hours|
♢ Please note that usage equal to or exceeding 12 hours will be assessed at a daily rate.
For example, the cost of an Academic 15 hour run would be calculated as 15 hours divided by a 12 hour day and multipled by the daily rate, or 1.25 days x $400.00/day, totaling $500.00.
♦ The NMR rate is $80.00/hour for Industry users and there are no daily rates for this instrument.
If you are considering extended project work, it may be useful to consider our pre-payment options, which represent significant savings over our standard hourly rates.
|Analytical Biopharmacy Core Prepayment Options|
|User Type||Prepaid hours||Prepaid rate||Discount|
In order to ensure fair access to Core instrumentation by all users, the Analytical Biopharmacy Core has a standing policy that a given user may schedule instrument time no more than two consecutive days in any given week. Work requiring more time needs to be negotiated with the Core manager.
Secure Data Handling and Storage Procedure
The computing architecture within the Core has been set up to achieve three goals:
- to restrict access to user data;
- to ensure data integrity; and
- to provide safeguards against malicious incursions from the outside world.
- Access to user data is restricted by the Core administrator who assigns passwords to specific user accounts with limited functionality on each of the facility computers.
- Each limited user account is able to access one and only one folder for data storage while still being able to control the instrument and acquire data for his or her purposes.
- Data for academic users is maintained in a separate location from that of industry users.
- No one user is able to open, read or write to a folder corresponding to another user.
- Data is backed up to a synchronized folder which is limited to administrator access only.
- Data initially acquired from the instrument remains unaltered by the synchronization process.
- The administrator-restricted synchronization folder is itself backed up on the administrator's machine in a separate location.
- Data back-up on the administrator's machine is protected from alteration by the synchronization process.
- The Bioanalytical Pharmacy Core operates behind the University of Washington firewall. A second layer of protection is provided by a VPN firewall which uses dynamically assigned IP numbers. Thus, the external web sees one IP for the VPN router installed in the Core facility, but cannot see the IP numbers of the individual computers sitting behind the VPN firewall.
For industry users, the Core administrator will delete all data files from Core hard-drives upon request and completion of a given project.
The following lists some general sample requirements intended to ensure adequate sample concentration and purity
- Minimum sample volume = 500uL/run
- Minimum working concentration = 1 micromolar
- Uv/vis spectrum (a full wavelength scan from 200nm to 600nm) is required
- A molar extinction coefficient if available
- SDS page with corresponding controls and MW markers
- A size exclusion chromatogram
* SPR users must provide their own chips and reagents.
Please acknowledge all work done on core facility instruments by citing the Analytical Biopharmacy Core, its contributing scientists, the Center for Intracellular Delivery of Biologics and the Washington State Life Sciences Discovery Fund. Core personnel directly involved in performing and designing experiments should be considered for authorship.