CLASS GRAD FELLOWS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- GPA: Students must maintain a 3.5 or better.
- Courses: Students must complete at least 3 designated CLASS graduate courses:
1) one of which is the “core course” (Law & Politics, POLS 561, or LSJ 501),
2) another graduate course offered by a CLASS faculty member that is outside of the Fellow’s home department and
3) another course of your choice offered by a CLASS faculty member . Independent study courses cannot be substituted for any of these three courses. For a list of CLASS graduate courses click here.
- Analytic Paper: Students will also satisfy the “capstone” requirement by developing an analytic paper that engages the law and society tradition. This paper must be presented at a relevant national conference (e.g. Law & Society Association) or within the program (e.g. workshare, department colloquium, etc.).
- CLASS Certificate Completion Form: Upon completion of these requirements, the student must complete and submit the CLASS Certificate Completion Form, along with a current transcript, to the CLASS Center Director, Rachel Cichowski, email@example.com.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The application materials include the following:
- Application Form: Download and fill out the Application Form. Please email it along with the items below.
- Statement of Intent: This is a written explanation of the applicant’s interest in law and society studies. This statement will include a description of a) how LSJ courses will complement/supplement course work in the home unit and b) how the applicant’s research interests/agenda relates to and intersects with the law and society field. This statement is limited to 1 page.
- Unofficial Transcript: A recent graduate transcript indicating that the applicants’ cumulative UW GPA is 3.5 or higher.
Submitting Procedure: Please submit your application materials to Professor Rachel Cichowski, CLASS Center Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or to her campus mailbox: Box 353530.
Questions? Please contact Professor Rachel Cichowski.