The book Finite Volume Methods for Hyperbolic Problems contains many examples that link to Clawpack codes used to create the figures in the book. These codes are available for Clawpack 4.3 via the book webpage
These are slowly being converted to Clawpack 4.4 form, with a setrun.py file for setting run time data and a setplot.py file for specifying plots with Python. See:
The examples converted so far can be found in the directory $CLAW/book .
You can also browse these from the Gallery of book examples.
- Chapter 3: Characteristics and Riemann Problems for Linear Hyperbolic Equations.
- [book/chap3/acousimple] to accompany Figure 3.1, shows the “exact solution” to the acoustics problem by solving on a very fine grid.
- Chapter 6: High-resolution methods
- Chapter 7: Boundary Conditions and Ghost Cells
- Chapter 9: Variable-Coefficient Linear Equations.
- Chapter 10: Other Approaches to High Resolution.
- Chapter 11: Nonlinear Scalar Conservation Laws.
- Chapter 12: Finite Volume Methods for Nonlinear Scalar Conservation Laws.
- Chapter 13: Nonlinear Systems of Conservation Laws.
- Chapter 17: Source Terms and Balance Laws.
- Chapter 20: Multidimensional Scalar Equations.
- Chapter 21: Multidimensional Systems.