Clawpack 4.4 consists of the Fortran 77 files from Clawpack 4.3 together with new Python tools for specifying input data and plotting results.
There is also a preliminary version of a pure Python version of Clawpack, see Pyclaw.
The classic clawpack routines now read data from a file claw.data
rather than clawNez.data and the first line of this file lists the number of space dimensions. The remainder of the file has the same form as before.
Rather than modifying claw.data it is recommended that you modify parameters in the file setrun.py and then type
$ make .data
to create the claw.data file. You can modify this to also create setplot.data or other required data files.
The matlab plotting scripts should still work as described in the 4.3 documentation, but there is now a Python option that uses only open source software and provides more powerful plotting tools. See Plotting options in Python.
The output routines such as out1.f, out2.f in classic Clawpack and valout.f in AMRClaw have been slightly modified to also print ndim to the fort.t files. This should not affect Matlab plotting but is needed for the new Python plotting routines.
10/30/09: Several more changes to Makefiles and amrclaw/2d/lib.
- This version posted as claw4rev226.tar.gz
- The subroutines filpatch and prefil are now written as recursive subroutines, so filpatch2.f, filpatch3.f, prefil2.f, and prefil3.f have been removed. Also drawrg.f has been removed, an old NCAR graphics routine no longer used. Makefiles in any amr application directory will need to be changed to remove these files from the list.
- For some samples of how to use the latest amrclaw, see e.g.,
10/20/09: Several changes to Makefiles and amrclaw/2d/lib.
- A new $CLAW/apps directory has been added for applications. The ones there now are ones used to debug the amrclaw changes, but eventually many more applications from Clawpack 4.3 and elsewhere will be put here.
- New options added to the common Makefile in util/Makefile.common. Type “make help” for a list. Makefiles can now also check for dependencies of included files such as call.i used in AMR.
- New boundary conditions added to amrclaw for problems on the sphere,
- Dynamic memory for amrclaw - the subroutine init_alloc.f95 was split up into:
- init_alloc.f90 does initial allocation and the initial size of the work array for AMR is specified here.
- resize_alloc.f90 reallocates for dynamic memory allocation if the code runs out of space for AMR.
- resize_alloc_static.f90 halts with an error message instead of reallocating. For use with compilers that don’t support move_alloc, such as older versions of gfortran. This is recommended as the default version in application Makefiles since otherwise it might not compile. Note that some f90 compatible compiler is required for using AMR (e.g. gfortran, which is freely available).
- restart_alloc.f90 is needed when doing a restart with dynamic memory.
- Note that .f95 files are now relabelled as .f90 since this is apparently the standard.
- Note that Makefiles in user directories that use amrclaw will need to be updated to list init_alloc.f90 and resize_storage_static.f90 or resize_storage.f90.
- Several bug fixes in amrclaw/2d/lib
9/18/09: branches/rjl merged back into trunk, includes:
Improvements to plotting routines and documentation,
More converted examples in the book directory,
clawpack/2d/lib directory added with 2d single-grid routines.
Similar to version from Clawpack 4.3 but can use setrun.py to set runtime parameters and data file is now called claw.data.
See clawpack/2d/example1 for an example of usage.
amrclaw/2d/lib directory added.
Similar to the version in Clawpack 4.3, but with some f95 routines to support dynamic memory allocation. Also gauges are implemented in this version (documentation to appear).
See clawpack/2d/example1/amr for an example of usage.