On July 18th Mike and Kelvin met at Kelvin’s Office. The following are records from our discussion.
1. we will texture map different “objects” to the circles, e.g., low priority ones will be “lighter” objects: e.g., feathers, balloons, clothes, etc. while “high priority” ones can be objects like, bowling balls, gold bars, etc.;
2. instead of bouncing around the dropping objects, the user will try to “catch” the objects, “normal priority” objects worth something, and “high priority” objects worth more.
3. The dropping objects will still “bounce” off the side walls, but will not bounce off the paddle, instead, the paddle will be replaced by a “net” to catch the dropping goodies.
4. The source code shown in the assignment guide is slightly different from that in the actual source, we will fix this.
1. Student description [Mike]
2. Starter project [Kelvin]
3. Pre-Assignment Lab Manual [Kelvin]
4. Grading Rubric [Mike]
5. XNA Sample Solution [Kelvin]
1. Animate the piece moving on the board: at the time of writing this document, this is done. One problem is, the animation of the piece significantly increased the complexity of the solution. Depending on Mike’s opinion on this, we may have to take the functionality out.
2. Instead of scooping up gold with landed on the cell, scoop up all golds along the way: not done because of complexity of solution this may involve.
3. Movement: instead of always moving forward, allow moving forward and backward.
1. First pass sample solution for Ladder/Rope (done)
2. Refinement for Starter Project [Mike]
3. Refine starter project and derive final version of sample solution [Kelvin]
4. Pre-Assignment Lab manual [Kelvin]
5. Student description [Mike]
6. Grading Rubric [Mike]
From both aspect, engaging outside talent to deliver custom materials is not desirable. Instead, we have looked on-line for public domain/free art works. We have discover some sites (proper reference is in release document), where as long as we don’t sell our assignment modules, we can use the art work. We have no plan of selling any of this work.