On Jan 4th Becky, Mike, and Kelvin met in Kelvin’s office, the following are the record from our discussion.
i. Academic results:
1. Mid-Term Exam score
2. Final Exam score
3. For each assignment: (there are 4 sets of these)
c. Initial Score
d. Final revised score (second submission)
1. Pre-Course Survey
2. Post-Course Survey
3. For each assignment: Post assignment survey (4 sets)
i. Effort Survey for each assignment.
i. organize and fill in the per-assignment faculty survey (3bi) and send the surveys to Kelvin for storage in CVS
ii. go over emails from last quarter and fill in the FAQs of the games assignment in the CVS.
iii. Send academic results (3ai) to Becky
i. Update the pre-course survey form and send the form to Mike (for update in the web-site) and Kelvin (for storage in CVS)
ii. Merge the information from 4a into the survey excel sheet. Becky will then destroy all students names and send the name-less Excel sheet to Kelvin (for storage in CVS).
i. Mike will:
1. Show students the “opt-out” letter and re-iterate that surveys are part of the regular course requirement. But participating in research is optional and students can “opt-out” by sending Becky email. Important to stress Mike will not know who is/not participating in the research.
ii. Becky will:
1. attend the first day of class
2. Assign a pseudo name to each student
3. Watch the students fill out the pre-course survey form
i. on-line: all surveys will be on-line (Mike will make sure the web-pages are ready)
ii. Due dates: all post- surveys are due 2-days after the assignments are due (Post course survey should be done 2-days after the final exam).
iii. Penalty: Mike will make sure the due date and credit is clearly indicated on the assignment grading rubric so students understand the importance of this.