From: Kelvin Sung
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:36 PM
To: 'John Nordlinger'
Cc: 'Ivan Lumala'; Kelvin Sung
Subject: XNA Based Games-Themed Programming Assignments - January 2007 Progress Report
Re: XNA Based Games-Themed Programming Assignments – January
2007 Progress Report
Although the actual work associated with this project will only
commence in Summer of 2007, we have began meetings to plan out the schedules
and securing external personnel. We will continue to meet to prepare for the
project. In January 2007, we accomplished the followings:
- Project Schedules: planed out and identify milestone
dates for summer 2007.
- Assignments: Begin designing templates for assignments:
- Academic Assessments: rough initial lists for
- External Academic Reviewer: Dr. Ruth Anderson from CSE,
- In February:
- Flush out 1-2 assignment objectives for external
reviewer to preview
- Beginning designing assessment questions
- Attend MS Games Conference
- Begin planning for CCSC-NW 2007 workshop: experience
from this workshop would facilitate us rolling out our results in 2008.
This workshop would be a way for us to introduce XNA framework to faculty
from Pacific Northwest. Current
strategy: workshop on GUI and event driven programming, will relate
results to MVC framework, and relate to XNA framework and how easy it is
to program the XBOX 360.