Upgrade XNA 2.0 to Current Version (e.g., 3.1)
For any tutorial you wish to compile, here is what you need to do:
- All XNA based projects were developed based on XNA 2.0.
- Fortunately, the source code should continue to compile with
new XNA releases.
- However, you need to update the reference library in the IDE.
- Start the IDE (e.g., VS 2008) by double clicking the associated .sln file.
- Click yes to update the project (from VS2005 to VS2008).
- For each of the projects in the solution, you would need to replace XNA 2.0 references by XNAx.y.
Where x.y is the version you have installed on your machine. The
following example shows for XNA3.1: In the solution Explorer:
- Open the UWBGL_XNA_Lib project.
- Open the References folder: select and delete
(right mouse button):
Microsoft.Xna.Framework (as shown):
- Now add the appropriate version of
Microsoft.Xna.Framework, with right mouse button over
- With the "Add Reference" popup menu, under the ".NET"
tab, scroll down to find the latest XNA dlls (22.214.171.124) is shown in
- Now you have replaced the XNA framework reference library for the UWBGL_XNA_LIB project. You should
repeat the above procedure for the main project (e.g.,
XNA_SimulateGravity in this case).
- Notice the the WinForms library does not have reference to the