UW Medicine Compliance
UW Medicine’s goal of excellence and its dedication to promote high standards of practice in patient care, teaching, and research rest upon each individual and a collective commitment to ethics. Many organizations, associations, agencies and laws express standards that apply to specific professionals who work at UW Medicine. For example, many health professional associations have adopted codes of ethics which establish a framework for professional behavior and responsibilities. Similarly, these professions are governed by federal and state laws. The UW Medicine Code of Conduct, together with the legal and ethical expectations of the individual professions, set the professional standards for the UW Medicine workforce.
UW Medicine is committed to on-going processes which include multiple ethics policies and procedures, and we are working to assemble and develop materials to assist in the integration of these principles into the institution’s culture and to encourage ethical conduct.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us.
- Ethics in Public Service
- Employee Conflict of Interest
- Executive Ethics Board
- Executive Ethics Board Advisory Opinions
- Executive Ethics Board FAQ
- Gambling, Door Prizes, Raffles and Drawings FAQ
- Outside Activities & Conflicts of Interest:
- Patient Inducement FAQ
- Personal Use of University Facilities, Computers, and Equipment by University Employees FAQ
- Product Demonstration Site Agreements FAQ (new)
- Use of Institutional Resources FAQ
- UW Ethics Guide (new)
- UW’s Guidelines for Purchasing Equipment and Supplies
- UW Advancement Ethics Overview (new)
- Washington State Whistleblower Program