We encourage anyone interested in using our services to consult with us during the planning stages of your project to help ensure the best possible outcome.
Please contact Brian Johnson, Research Scientist, with questions or inquiries. (firstname.lastname@example.org) 206-685-6517
For investigators preparing grant applications that will require access to the HIC, our staff can provide information for preparation of budgets as well as resource pages and letters of support.
Key Advantages for Users of the HIC
- Access to histology services including cassette and slide printers, tissue processing, embedding, sectioning and special stains, as well as cryopreservation and frozen sectioning.
- Access to expertise in immunohistochemistry (IHC). When applicable investigators will have access to the Leica Bond automated system for IHC
- Access to state-of-the-art digital imaging with bright-field, DIC, epifluorescent, and whole slide digital microscopy (Olympus NanoZoomer Digital Pathology Microscope).
- Access to the Deltavision Core for live-cell imaging with industry leading deconvolution, xenon and laser light sources, live-cell filter sets, Nomarski (DIC) optics, WeatherStation environmental control, softWoRx Suite analysis software, DMS lab server, and a stand-alone softWoRx workstation.
- Access to software for making quantitative measurements from digital images (VisoPharm, Nikon Elements, and ImagePro Software).
- The HIC at SLU provides a nexus for interactions and synergy among groups using histology and digital imaging for their research.
Please stop by the HIC to familiarize yourself with the resources that are available.