The expansion procedure will consist of using fresh or frozen tumor fragments collected from mice with passage 2, 3 or 4 xenografted tumors. The tumor fragments will be implanted into the subcutaneous tissue of the left flank of NSG (NOD scid IL2 receptor gamma chain knockout) mice using a trocar needle and sterile technique. Depending on the experimental needs of the investigator, mice will be dispensed to the requesting investigator within five days of tumor implantation, or when the first tumor is palpable
- Molecular profiling of patient-derived cancer xenografts.
Reyol et al Breast Cancer Research 2012, 14:R11
- Tumor initiating but differentiated luminal-like breast cancer cells are highly invasive in the absence of basal-like activity.
PNAS (April 2012);109(16). (Bissel MJ and OW Petersen Groups).
- Human primary ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) subtype-specific pathology is preserved in a mouse intraductal (MIND) xenograft model.
J Pathol 2011; 225: 565-573 (Valdez et al).
- Specific inhibition of Notch1 signaling enhances the anti-tumor efficacy of chemotherapy in triple negative breast cancer through reduction of cancer stem cells.
Cancer Letters (2012). (Qiu et al).
- Breast Cancer Stem-Like Cells are inhibited by a non-toxic aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonist.
PlosOne (November 2010); 5(11). e13831 Prud’homme et al).
- Tumor grafts derived from women with breast cancer authentically reflect tumor pathology, growth, metastasis and disease outcomes.
(November 2011); 17(11), doi:10.1038/nm.2454 ( DeRose et al)