NeSSI (New Sampling/Sensor
Initiative) CPAC Spring 2001 Sponsor Meeting
Below is a short summary on the NeSSI (New Sampling/Sensor Initiative)
session at the CPAC May 2001 Sponsor meeting. The thrust of this session was to
report on the NeSSI progress and outline future activities. Much of the emphasis
in this session centered on the steps needed to complete the conceptual roadmap
for NeSSI as illustrated below.
Attached are the presentations from the tutorial session and a bit of a recap
for each. We hope you find them informative.
Update, Peter van Vuuren - ExonMobil
- Recap of what the motivations and vision for NeSSI are.
- Summary of activities to date
- Outline for future efforts.
NeSSI: A Vision & A Roadmap, Rob Dubois - Dow Chemical,
- Described the "Top-10" feature wish list and current status.
- Introduced the Smart Analysis Manager (SAM)
- Discussed the NeSSI roadmap and approaches to accomplish goals
Applying Wireless I/O Controller To NeSSI, Mike Horton, President & CEO
- Crossbow Technology, Inc
- Discussed options for signal communications
- Described the hardware and protocols of the Bluetooth wireless
Next Generation Process Analyzer System Connectivity Issues, Peter van
Vuuren - ExxonMobil
- Update on progress in the Connectivity Imitative (ConnI)
NeSSI - Next Steps, Agenda CPAC Sampling Focus Group, Rob Dubois - Dow
- Discussed the 5 steps towards finishing NeSSI
Coming Soon -- the Focus Group Notes and Action Items