This is an old revision of the document!
- Congratulations to Prof. Min Chen, who received a $40,000 grant from Microsoft A... (2014/07/11 19:27)Congratulations to Prof. Min Chen, who received a $40,000 grant from Microsoft Azure Research Award. With this, she will actively use Azure to further her preliminary research in processing huge amounts of speech recordings and linguistics materials in endangered languages, and to build data mining models so the data are properly indexed (at low-level, mid-level, and/or semantic level) to support various research needs. This is an essential step toward her long-term goal, which is to enable a one-stop platform for endangered language documentation and analysis, where she can manage data, migrate existing linguistics tools, develop new linguistics applications, and conduct endangered language research.
- We all know that computing is a great career, full of creativity, autonomy, and... (2014/06/25 23:55)We all know that computing is a great career, full of creativity, autonomy, and the fun of making new things and changing the world (and the pay isn't bad, either). But how many children are turned away from these careers by the messages they hear while growing up?
Powerful Ad Shows What A Little Girl Hears When You Tell Her She's Pretty
A new Verizon commercial cites a sad statistic by the National Science Foundation: 66 percent of 4th grade girls say they like science and math, but only 18 percent of all college engineering majors are female. People have offered many potential e...
- All of our Bachelor of Science students complete a substantial capstone internsh... (2014/06/25 15:02)All of our Bachelor of Science students complete a substantial capstone internship.
Seattle tech firms lure summer interns with luxuries
Amazon, Microsoft and Boeing lure students across the country not only with competitive salaries but also with furnished housing, transportation, free breakfast and dinner, biweekly housekeeping, a private party with Macklemore and Deadmau5 — anything to inch out competing offers.
- Right below the search box, the Google home page is linking to the wonderful Mad... (2014/06/20 20:51)Right below the search box, the Google home page is linking to the wonderful Made With Code web site. Check it out!
Made with Code_Google
Things you love are Made with Code. Code your first creative project and meet music producers, fashion designers, humanitarians, and animators who are coding the world they want to see.
- http://www.facebook.com/uwbcss/posts/10152117005796956 (2014/06/17 00:51)
- http://www.uwb.edu/news/press/2014/061514 Congrats Kevin! (2014/06/17 00:49)http://www.uwb.edu/news/press/2014/061514
Special Student Honors at 2014 Commencement - 2014 Press Releases - Press Releases - News - UW...
Special Student Honors at 2014 Commencement
- Overall, quite a good article about the value of learning computational thinking... (2014/06/16 19:10)Overall, quite a good article about the value of learning computational thinking (like we teach in BCUSP 161 and CSS 107).
It would be nice, however, if journalism majors didn't feel obligated to state in their writing that programming is boring. We'd say it's more interesting than writing magazine articles. :^)
Is coding the new literacy?
Why America's schools need to train a generation of hackers.
- Congrats grads! (2014/06/15 19:20)