Here is a list of resources, categorized according to needs. We are currently working on compiling resources that closely align with intersectional identities. We plan to tag these resources with appropriate trigger or content warnings in the near future. For now, please use CTRL+F or ⌘+F to find what you need, or refer to the following list:
- Blind/Low vision organizations
- Deaf resources & Deaf culture
- American Sign Language
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
- Internship opportunities
- Dream Project
- Disability justice activists and blogs
- Local community resources
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Non-Apparent/invisible disabilities
- Disability Studies and other projects
- Disability Rights
- Mental Illness and Mad Pride
- Additional resources
If you have any resources you’d like to add or if you have any concerns about the resources, please e-mail email@example.com.
Blind/Low vision organizations:
For those who are d/Deafblind.
Deaf resources & Deaf culture:
For those who are d/Deaf, hard of hearing, or interested in learning more about Deaf culture.
- Abused Deaf Women’s Advocacy Services (ADWAS)
- Deaf Queer Resource Center
- Deaf Space | Gallaudet University
- Hearing, Speech & Deafness Center (HSDC)
- Interpreters for Social Justice
- Deaf Jam | New Day Films
- Deaf Spotlight
- ‘El Deafo’: How A Girl Turned Her Disability Into A Superpower
- Theaters, Allies, & Deaf Audiences (TADA!)
American Sign Language:
For those who are d/Deaf, hard of hearing, or interested in learning American Sign Language. An additional sub-category has been created for those who are also interested in learning more about other sign languages.
American Sign Language:
- American Sign Language Dictionary
- ASL.ms (fingerspelling practice)
- Sex Positive ASL
- Signing Savvy
- The Black ASL Project
Other sign languages:
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS)
For those who have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) or are interested in learning more about MCS.
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Archives
- Fragrance Free Femme of Colour Realness Draft 1.5 | BrownStarGirl
- 3M 6291 & 6391 HEPA Mask (Face masks)
For people with disabilities and allies interested in learning more about internship opportunities.
Disability justice activists and blogs
For those who are interested in disability justice activism.
- Disability Intersections
- Disability Visibility Project
- Sins Invalid
- The Art and Practice of Disability Justice
Blogs and zines:
- stillmyrevolution | A. J. Withers
- Crip Confessions | Bethany Stevens
- Where’s Lulu? | Caitlin
- That Crazy Crippled Chick | Cara Liebowitz
- Doris Press Distro | Cindy Crabb
- Eli Clare
- Kay Ulanday Barrett
- brownstargirl.org | Leah Lakshmi
- Nomy Lamm + the whole wide world
- The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword | Hannah Langlie
- Leaving Evidence | Mia Mingus
Local community resources
For those living in the Seattle area.
Dissociative Identity Disorder
For those with dissociative identity disorder.
For those with non-apparent or invisible disabilities.
Disability Studies and other projects
For those who are interested in disability studies and/or want to take their disability studies further.
- Can’t Duck It | Mary Edwards
- Disability Studies at the University of Washington
- Eugenics to Newgenics
For those who are interested in disability rights and politics.
- A Proclamation for the Dignity and Rights of All Human Beings
- Disability Rights Galaxy
- Disability Rights Washington (DRW)
- Disability Studies Program at the University of Washington
- United States International Council on Disabilities
For those who are interested in conferences related to disabilities.
For those with accessibility needs and concerns, and event organizers who want to plan accessible and inclusive events.
Mental Illness and Mad Pride
For those with mental illness and/or mad pride.
- Access Culture (Lee)
- Autistic Hoya (Lydia Brown)
- Building Radical Accessible Communities Everywhere
- Cracked Mirror in Shalott (Savannah Nicole Logsdon)
- Dual Power Productions
- Fabian Romero
- Fighting Monsters with Rubber Swords (Rob Rummel-Hudson)
- GimpGirl Community
- Healthy, Unwealthy and Becoming Wise
- Nick’s Crusade
- Palsy Snark
- Radical Neurodivergence Speaking
- With A Little Moxie (Meriah)