- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. A Biologically-based approach to evaluating soil phosphorus availability across complex landscapes. SSSA Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN (November 16, 2015) (Invited).
- Pingree, M. 2015. Adsorption capacity of wildfire-derived charcoal in Pacific Northwest forest soils. SSSA Annual Meeting, Minneapolis, MN (November 16, 2015) (Invited).
- DeLuca. T.H. 2015. Recreating forestry through education and outreach. Society of America Foresters Annual Conference, Baton Rouge, LA (November 4, 2015) (Invited Panelist).
- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. Boreal Ecosystem Nitrogen Cycling: A perspective of scales. International Forest Soils Workshop, Fuzhou China (October 26, 2015) (Invited Keynote).
- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. Building for a Sustainable Future: Rural communities: Production of CLT/Mass Timber in Washington State. Forterra Building for a Sustainable Future Conference, Seattle, WA (October 19, 2015) (Invited).
- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. Nutrient cycling in the boreal forest : overview and new insights. Opening Talk. Boreal N Gap Workshop, Bangor UK (March 22, 2015) (Invited).
- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. Soil Carbon in Temperate and Boreal Ecosystems: First, Do No Harm. Keynote invited talk. Alberta Soil Science Workshop, Edmonton, Alberta (February 18, 2015) (Invited).
- DeLuca, T.H. 2015. Charcoal as a legacy of fire in temperate and boreal forest ecosystems. Invited talk, University of Santa Barbara (February 8, 2015) (Invited).
- DeLuca, T.H. Fire, charcoal and nutrient cycling in forest soils. Oregon State University (Invited seminar).
- DeLuca, T.H. O. Zackrisson, I. Bergman, B. Díez, and B. Bergman. Diazotrophy in alluvial meadows of Subarctic river systems. Joint Aquatic Sciences Meeting: Portland. (2014) (Invited talk and panel).
- DeLuca, T.H. Forest and Environmental Sciences and Sustainability: A Quest for sustainability in the 21st Century. Wenk Lecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington (November 12, 2014). (Invited)
- DeLuca, T.H. Forestry and Forest Sciences in the 21st Century. Society of American Foresters State Meeting. St Martin’s University, Lacy, WA. (November 6, 2014). (Invited)
- Pingree, M. and T.H. DeLuca. Dissolved Organic Carbon Adsorption By Charcoal in Fire-Impacted Watersheds of the Olympic Peninsula, Washington, USA. SSSA Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA (November 3, 2014). (Invited)
- Pingree, M. The unseen legacy of fire: Charcoal and its role in carbon and nutrient cycling in forest soils of the Olympic Peninsula.Evening Talk at the Olympic Natural Research Center in Forks, WA (October 18, 2014).
- The DeLuca lab has been recognized as a Gold Level Green Lab on campus for the 2nd year in the University of Washington’s College of the Environment Green Laboratory 2014 Competition! (November 14, 2014).
- Dr. DeLuca hosted the University of Washington Alumni Reception at the 2014 Society of American Foresters Conference in Salt Lake City, UT (October 9, 2014)
- The DeLuca lab was featured in UW Today in a story titled ‘Forestry lab ups bar for green labs at UW’ (January 28, 2014).
- The DeLuca lab has been recognized as the Greenest Lab in the 2013 College of the Environment Green Laboratory Competition! By scoring a 91% overall and certifying Gold, the DeLuca Lab surpassed the competition (December 20, 2013).
- Northwest American Forest Soils Council Conference in Whitefish, MT (June 16-20, 2013).